Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eyes

I recently had eye surgery. Not Lasik, but to minimize my double vision. I have always seen more than one image, but only until the last 6-9 months has it gotten to where I was seeing 2 images. I have had this surgery previously, but this was more difficult.

The entire process, particularly the healing process after surgery has had my mind thinking. How well we see is determined by several factors such as genetics, birth defects, prescription glasses or contacts, etc. But what about our spiritual vision?

I could not read the Bible until only yesterday, so I had to rely on my wife to read to me at night. It minimized my time with God and it affected my spiritual vision. I thought more through the lens of my flesh & bone rather than the spirit of God. Selfish thoughts crept in and took over more readily than the times that I am in the Word.

It affected how I treated my kids. Granted, part of this might have the fact that I was going stir crazy too, but my anger and lack of patience were more easily seen than when I am close to my heavenly Father.

But I wonder, what do we see and what are you seeing right now? Is your spiritual lens on? Is it clean? Are you in focus with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment