Thursday, March 4, 2010

Do I have a Crazy kind of love?

I am reading a book that is must read for a Christian. In a time when many who call themselves Christians yet look and act no different than the world, this book by Francis Chan called "Crazy Love" is a necessary read. But I warn you upfront, don't read this book if you aren't willing to take your faith journey seriously. If you want to be like the world, live like the world, look like the world, then do not read this book.

However if you want to take your faith deeper and look more like Christ Jesus, then take the challenge. It is not an easy read by any means. I can only read part of it and then I have to put it down and confess/pray/repent/dig into the Word. However, the theology is right on and something we need for right now. At least I do.

Our church is going to be doing this as a small group Bible study on Sunday nights, and it will be something that will cause us to go deeper and quite possibly show our true colors. It is time, it is necessary, and it is a Godly mandate that we look/act/love differently than the world. I must be more like my Savior, my Lord, my God.

I hope you take the challenge. I hope you go deeper. I hope you have a Crazy kind of love.

For the Kingdom and for His glory

1 comment:

  1. Going deeper can be a bit scary sometimes, but, after 'the leap'... O' What Joy! lv u,jo

    ReplyDelete